Friday, August 12, 2016

Prayer Brings Blessing

Its Friday again, that means it Marriage Talk Friday. First off, I want to ask you guys how you are liking these kinds of topics and if there are any topics you would like to hear from me. You can either comment below or email me.
 
Todays topic is "Prayer Brings Blessing"
 
I can tell you that prayer does bring blessing from my own experience.
 
Sometimes it did seem that God is silent to us but He always answered us.
 
We got to understand that God doesn't always answer the way we want Him to answer.
 
I want to give you an example of how God answered one of our prayers.
 
When we found out that we are going to have a baby. My husband and I thought it would be best for me to be a stay at home mom. But the job he had at the time it would be hard for him to support us and pay all the bills. It would be possible but we would be extremely tight. So there is a position that my husband could apply for and he would get a higher income and a job that he would love a lot more. There is a test and an interview to pass.
 
We prayed for months and months. God answered our prayer and gave my husband a new job that he loves and make more to support us and for me to stay at home with our children.
 
This is just one of many examples. I want to encourage you to always pray with your partner. Pray for you children, your finances, your jobs, you and your husbands intimacy and relationship. Trust me it will pay off.
 
I want to leave you with some encouraging scriptures:
1 John 5:14
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus"
Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Colossians 4:2
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment