Monday, January 18, 2016

Top 10 things to do at the Beginning of Each Month

   Top 10 Things to do at the Beginning of Each Month. 



This year my goal is getting my life organized and keep it organized. So what I have done is created a cleaning schedule for everything. I looked at what I usually do daily, monthly,  etc. I do plan on sharing all of my cleaning schedule ideas on my blog. Today I am sharing with you 10 things that I recommend doing at the beginning of each month. I hope you try these out too. If you have some other ideas, feel free to share. I would love to hear it.



1) Clean the refrigerator.
    ●By refrigerator I mean the whole thing: Inside, outside, and freezer too. I like to do this more than once a month but if not I try to do it aleast once every month. Just seeing a clean and organized fridge makes me so happy and makes  me want to cook even more.

2) Mop floors.
     ● Mop Kitchen, laundry room, bathroom and any other room that doesn't have carpet.

3) Scrub down all sinks and showers in the house.
     ● I do light scrubbing during the whole month but at the beginning of the month I deep scrub it all.

4) Vacuum!
     ● In our home my husband vacuums for me every Friday. (Thank you Hunny.) But we just vacuum with out moving the really big furniture.  So I recommend getting either your husband or if you have older kids to help you move furniture around while you or someone vacuums.

5) Dust and Wipe.
     ●I wipe my kitchen counter tops few times a week if not every day. So if you are like me, then you will get thru this fast. Then I dust my bookcase, TV, stereo, the back of my sofa, lamps, dresser and anything else that catches my eye.

6) Clean out your coffee maker.
     ● My coffee maker is quite new so I haven't ran it thru with vinegar. But I do wash the all the pieces after every use. But if you haven't cleaned yours in a while. I recommend putting some vinegar and the rest water and let it run once. After it's down run it with just water and that should do the trick. Just don't add too much vinegar.

7) Clean out your car.
     ● I am a nanny and I have kids in my car everyday.  So believe me when I say my car gets really messy. If you have younger kids you know how it is. So grab a trash bag and a vacuum and start cleaning. I also like to wipe my seats down with just a cloth and warm water and then dry it off with a dry cloth.  If you have time either go to a car wash or wash it yourself.

8) Update/Make budget.
     ● Having a budget is one of the best things my husband and I could have done for our finances. If you don't have one yet, I really recommend going to www.daveramsey.com website and ordering one of his books. But if you do have a budget just look over it and see if anything needs to be updated.

9) Choose a good book.
     ● We as wife's and mothers do so much for our family that we often forget to take care of ourselves.  Choose a good book to read and take breaks and bubbles baths and read and relax.

10) Set a goal.
     ● Whether it be a fitness goals or being more organized or anything you want it to be. Chooseone or more and stick to it.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what you think. Don't get discouraged if you don't get it done in the first two days. It sometimes takes me up to 2 weeks to get it accomplished because I get so busy.  Alrighty, Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment