Thursday, March 31, 2016

3 Steps to Overcome Sin,

      Dear friends, Today I am sharing my 3 tips on overcoming sin. I pray that this will help you. No matter what remember the Lord is a forgiving God. He loves you and wants you to walk with him and call to him when you struggling.

1)  Acknowledment!
        ▪Acknowledge to yourself that what your doing is a sin.
2) Talk to God!
       ▪Even though God already knows everything. Still come before him and admit what you did wrong.
       》Admit what you was indeed wrong and was a sin.
       》Ask the Lord for forgiveness. Our God is merciful and He forgives.
       》Ask for his help. To strengthen you and to help you overcome your sin.
3) Be in his Word daily!
       ▪ I can't stress this enough.  This is such important and crucial part of overcoming sin. Days when I'm feeling tempted I have to literally sit and read the Bible,  more than once sometimes.

      I have a sin,  I have been struggling with for years. Over the years this has been really hard on me. A while back, I fell into depresstion because I couldn't lift my self up and not fall into that sin again. Only recently I realized what was the reason I kept on falling back into it.  Then it hit me! My eyes aren't set on Jesus Christ! For me even a day or two without spending time with the Lord in reading the Bible and in prayer, I fall back into sin. 
        If you are struggling with a certain sin and have fallen into depression. I want to encourage you to follow these steps and be in prayer and read the Bible daily. I know how you feel because I have been there. I encourage you to have a prayer buddy. I have a prayer buddy. She was actually the one that purposed this idea of being prayer buddies and I'm so grateful she did. She so amazing, beautiful and a blessing from God to me. Hi prayer buddy, if you are reading this I want you to know how very grateful I am to have you come into my life. I have been praying for a long time for God to send me a wise friend that will encourage me and lift me up. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers.
        Let me know if there's other things that work for you. I would love to hear them. I pray that you will overcome your sin. Feel free to email me or comment on here if you just need to talk. I know when I was struggling, I wanted to talk to someone. Not necessarily some that was close to me but just a complete stranger. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment